Classic Violin made by Jacobus Horil Of Vienna and Rome in 1758, plus 3 Bows.
- Item condition:
- Time left:
- Item location:
- Broadview Heights,OH,USA
- Ships to:
- Classic Violin
- Jacobus Horil
- Back Length= 356 mm / Upper Bout= 166 mm
- Country/Region of Manufacture:
Description: The top of the violin is carved from two pieces of spruce which has medium spaced grain lines, The back of the violin is carved from one piece of maple with a close curl pattern ascending slightly from left to right.The fingerboard, pegs, and tailpiece, are ebony. The chin rest is boxwood. The varnish is light golden brown in color. The violin was made in Italy in 1758. The condition of the violin is very good.
Measurements: Back length 356 mm. Upper Bout 166 mm. Middle Bout 112 mm. Lower Bout 203 mm.
Condition: VERY GOOD
Three Bows Go Along With The Violin
1. The first bow is Stamped Vidoudez Geneve and is the work of Bernard Ouchard
The bow was made in Switzerland Circa 1965. Weight 61.8 grams. Length of bow is 745 mm
2. The second bow is stamped C Thomassin a Paris The Weight of bow is 57 grams. Length of bow is 744 mm.
3. The third bow is stamped C Thomassin a Paris The weight of bow is 58.7 grams. Length of bow is 746 mm.
Price for four pieces $ 175,000.00